- The LA Times story
reporting on the closing of some of SF's old-time watering holes was reprinted
in the Baltimore Sun. I'm so glad word on the street is we don't have any good old bars left. That's not entirely true, of course. Katy St. Clair, who was quoted in the LA Times story, writes about them
in the SF Weekly all the time.
- Eric Felten in the Wall Street Journal taste tests mass-market bourbons
and finds Evan Williams his favorite. As usual, he has some great cultural anecdotes in the story as well.
- The NYTimes has a story on a $10,000 home still that efficiently converts sugar into ethanol. Unfortunately, it's for car fuel.
- Jeff Mortgenthaler (Morty) gives a simple recipe for ginger beer. Marleigh at Sloshed! reviews some commercial brands without high-fructose corn syrup.
- Jamie Boudreau describes his individual component method for making any type of bitters. And I thought I was crafty for using my Chia herb garden to make tinctures.
- Alder at Vinography has the complete list of wine blogs- in several languages!
- Esquire's molecular Whiskyburger's recipe is now online.
Labels: bourbon, mixer, molecular_mixology, news, SanFrancisco, wine