A couple of weeks ago I helped judge the Damrak gin cocktail competition in San Francisco. Over the course of two days we drove around to 18 bars in vintage Cadillacs and judged a drink at each. It was a heck of a lot of work, but we helped make five people very happy with trips to Amsterdam.
The winning recipes are:
- Always Sunny by Wes Bouchia of Yoshi’s
- The Greenhouse by Jonny Raglin of Absinthe
- The Flying Dutchman by Jenn Philpot of Waterbar
- The Dr. Fazi by Will Herrarra of Cosmopolitan Café
- Golden Gate Gimlet by John Solorzano of Jack Falstaff
More pictures are after the jump.