Friday night was WhiskyFest San Francisco. Here are a few things I tried and enjoyed:
- Whistlepig Rye Whiskey- 100% rye, aged ten years. Tastes just like rye bread and I wanted to mix it in a cocktail with dill pickles and sauerkraut.
- Suntory Yamazaki 1984 - yummers
- Aberfeldy 21 year-old
- St. George spirits K&L Single Barrel Whiskey - If I remember correctly it was aged 7 years in new American oak or ex-bourbon, followed by 4 years in an ex-apple brandy barrel. Tastes appley and wonderful.
- Old Pulteney 30 year - Old Pulteney is always better when it's old
- Tomatin 15 year and 18 year - the 15 is all ex-bourbon and the 18 is finished in ex-sherry. My first time trying Tomatin. Both interesting.
- Charbay Folle Blanche 1983 Alambic Pot Still Brandy - The most interesting thing I tried at WhiskyFest was a brandy of all things. Tasted like what I imagine a Christmas rum raisin cake tastes like; juicy allspice.
Camper's Book: Tonic Water AKA G&T WTF is now available for sale.