In September 2010 I visited several sherry bodegas. Here are pictures and a few notes from Bodegas Harvey's.
- 75% of their grapes are machine harvested
- PX and Palomino grapes look similar but taste very different
- Vines last 30-35 years before being replaced
- Harveys sells 51% of all sherry in US. That’s most (all?) Harvey’s Bristol Cream
- Harvey’s VOS, VORS not yet sold in US.
- The cream category of sherry was named for Harvey’s Bristol Cream
- Harvey’s has albino peacocks
- Alligators- Harvey and Kevin. Kevin didn’t get along with his former mate Sandra and killed her. Gay alligators?