The Auchentoshan Switch, a cocktail contest in which the winner will get a 2-week stint working at 69 Colebrooke Row in London, takes place on October 26th. I'll be there in Las Vegas to help judge it.
They've announced the 20 finalists who will be flown to Las Vegas for the event:
- Jeff Bell from PDT, New York City
- Amber Berry from Ward III, New York City
- Gina Chersevani from PS7’s, Washington, DC
- David Curiel from Dalva Hideout, San Francisco
- Michael Flannery from Michaels, New York City
- Abigail Gullo from The Beagle, New York City
- Dev Johnson from Employees Only, New York City
- Charles Joly from The Drawing Room, Chicago
- Mirjana “Mindy” Kucan from Grand Prize Bar, Houston
- Jason Littrell from Death & Co, New York City
- Ian McCarthy from Boiler Room, Omaha
- Alexandra Parks from Green Russell, Denver
- Zachary Safron from Metro, Lafayette
- Steve Schneider from Employees Only, New York City
- Rachel Sergei from The Jack Rose, Washington, DC
- David Shenaut from Kask/Rum Club, Portland
- Ezra Star from Drink, Boston
- Lucinda Sterline from Little Branch, New York City
- Clinton Terry from PX, Alexandria
- Jenn Tosatto from Manifesto, Kansas City
I know about half these bartenders already - a pretty awesome group!
There is also a UK side of the event - those bartenders are listed here. Congratulations to the finalists and see you soon in Vegas!