I'm helping with the programming of seminars geared toward cocktail and spirits writers and bloggers at Portland Cocktail Week October 21-25, 2012. I'd like your help.
Even if you're not planning to attend PDXCW, I would love to know what you, as a writer or blogger, would like to learn about writing/blogging/social media, about the booze production, about cocktails, etc. Then we'll try to find some content to serve up attendees at PDXCW and blog about to share with others.
We're open to ideas and I would love for you to leave them in the comments below. If you want to propose something specific-or even lead a seminar geared toward cocktail writers - you should fill out this form on the PDXCW website.
Suggestions to get you started:
Writing, Blogging, Social Media Skills
- How to interview bartenders
- Get more traction from Twitter
- Dark bar photography hands-on workshop
- Effective blog design
- Advanced WordPress skills
- Photoshop for non-photographers
- Profiting from Cocktail Blogging: Is it even possible?
- Public Speaking Workshop
- Making video content
- How to taste spirits like a professional
- Tequila 201: Terroir, tasting, wood, tahona, etc.
- Wine 101 for Spirits Nerds
- Beer 101 for Spirits Nerds
- Distillation: pot vs. column stills
- Regions and Terroir in Scotch Whisky
- American Whiskey Intensive
- How to Create Cocktails: a hands-on workshop
- From Blogger to Bartender
- The history of (a cocktail, tiki bars, etc.)
- Understanding Vermouth and Other Aperitifs
If any of these ideas sounds interesting, or if they inspire anything else you want to learn about or wish you knew already, please let me know in the comments. The more ideas the better. And don't be shy about filling in an application on the PDXCW website!
Thanks for your help.