I'm here to learn about the product (as well as Bacardi's new D'USSE cognac) and to help judge a cocktail contest: The Grey Goose Ten.
Bartenders from ten countries are competing. They are:
- France - Joseph Biolatto (Bar Le Forum, Paris)
- Brazil - Marcelo Serrano (Brasserie des Arts, Sao Paulo)
- Canada - Jay Jones (Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver)
- China - Yao Lu (The Alchemist, Shanghai)
- India - Nitin Tewari (Bar Consultant, New Delhi)
- Israel - Moshe Budnik (Social Club, Tel Aviv)
- Mexico - Felipe Guajardo Silva (Bar Consultant, Mexico City)
- Puerto Rico - Diego Diaz (Bar Consultant, San Juan)
- UK - Richard Woods (SushiSamba, London)
- US - Emilio Tiburcio (The Light Group, Las Vegas)
I don't think I've met any of these folks before so I'm excited to see what they come up with.
I'll do my best to update Alcademics.com frequently while I'm there, and as usual you can follow my adventures in real-time at:
- The Alcademics Facebook Page
- The Alcademics twitter account @Alcademics