I decided to add up all the trips I took in 2012 and compare it to last year's travel, and it appears this year I was a total slacker.
I took a mere 17 trips this year (22 last year), and flew only 90,000 miles in the air, compared with 150,000 last year. I visited only 5 foreign countries this year (not counting repeats) as opposed to 12 last year.
I feel so lazy.
In 2012 I visited:
- New Orleans (twice), once for Tales of the Cocktail and once for vacation
- Vancouver for Tales of the Cocktail
- Seattle for 12 bar reviews
- Las Vegas for the Wine and Spirits Wholesalers' Association
- Lafayette, LA for Tabasco
- New York for the Manhattan Cocktail Classic
- Cuba for Havana Club
- Scotland for Laphroaig
- Marseillan for Noilly Prat vermouth
- Rio de Janiero for Diageo's World Class
- Mexico for Olmeca Altos and the Tahona Society
- France for Grey Goose Ten cocktail competition
- Portland, Oregon for Portland Cocktail Week
- San Diego to review bars
- And a mileage run trip to New York and back on one day
Still, a pretty good year in all ;