Another big batch of cocktail (and wine and beer) books has hit the Alcademics inbox. I look forward to checking these out.
- Modern Cocktails: Dozens of Cool and Classic Mixed Drinks to Make You the Life of the Party by Jimmy Dymott
"Modern Cocktails is the insider’s introduction to the ingredients, the recipes, and the culture behind the top industry bar."
- We Make Beer: Inside the Spirit and Artistry of America's Craft Brewers by Sean Lewis
"An eye-opening journey into craft beer–making in America, and what you can find in the quest to brew the perfect pint"
- The Old Fashioned: The Story of the World's First Classic Cocktail, with Recipes and Lore by Robert Simonson
"A complete history of one of the world's most iconic cocktails with fifty recipes for classic variations as well as contemporary updates."
- Of All the Gin Joints by Mark Bailey and Edward Hemingway
"True tales of celebrity hijinks are served up with an equal measure of Hollywood history, movie-star mayhem, and a frothy mix of forty cocktail recipes."
- Gin & Tonic: Complete Guide for the Perfect Mix by Frederic Du Bois and Isabel Boons
"Over 60 gins and 20 tonics are described in detail. A unique 'gincyclopedia' gives you a comprehensive and updated list of all available types and brands available on the market. The authors also went to visit the best gin bars. Finally, this book contains original dishes and recipes combined with gin and tonic."
- Back Lane Wineries of Napa, Second Edition by Tilar Mazzeo
- Back Lane Wineries of Sonoma, Second Edition by Tilar Mazzeo
"These updated guides to the small and "secret" back-lane wineries and tasting rooms of Napa and Sonoma each profile over 70 total hard-to-find, authentic boutique estates that feature world-class, artisanal wines revered by locals and critics."