In the June/July issue of Saveur Magazine, I have a bunch of drink stories. The biggest, longest one, which took me a few months of research to put together, is on the Gin & Tonic.
The main text of the story is here.
Types of gins with different flavor profiles are here.
Bottled tonic waters and tonic syrups are here.
And recipes include:
- Plymouth G&T from Barceloneta in Miami
- Dill G&T from Jordan Gold
- The Pretty Tony by Brian MacGregor of Wingtip in SF
- Mother of Pearl from Optimist in Atlanta
- Conquistador from Coqueta in SF
- Los Gintonic from Aragona in Seattle
- Queen Victoria Tonic from The Other Room in Nebraska
- Bar Code Gin & Tonic from Barcode in Bellevue, Washington