Blow off work on Monday, August 18th and come to the Papa's Pilar rum Cocktail Showdown in San Francisco.
The event runs from 12-4 in the afternoon and will be held at The Woodbury, 685 Third Street in SF.
Dubbed the #PilarCocktailShowdown, ten bartenders will showcase their skills during three rounds of competition: blended daiquiri, hand-shaken daiquiri and the Pina Colada.
Round 1: the blended daiquiri. The top 4 will move on to round 2: The hand-shaken daiquiri and the top 2 will compete in the finals: The hand-shaken daiquiri.
The competing bartenders are:
- Rick Dobbs: The Last Word - Drink Eat Gather
- Willis Jackson: Tonga Room and Hurricane Bar
- Sean Patrick Kearney: Fish and Farm
- Esdras Gonzalez: Hawthorn
- Suzie Robinson: Novela
- Michael Goldman: Longitude
- Jennifer Seidman: Handlebar/Acme Bar & Company
- Christian Clark: Tosca Cafe
- Jessi Mess: Reed & Greenough
- Zack Safron: Woodbury
Judges will be:
- Brian MacGregor: Wingtip
- Lindsey Kops: Papa's Pilar National Brand Manager
- Dave Russell: Rum XP/Founder International Rum Council
And I'll be there also - taking pictures and drinking drinks.
No need to RSVP - just show up ready for a good time. For more information on Papa's Pilar, check the website.
This post is sponsored by Papa's Pilar rum.