Camper English has consulted for a number of bars and spirits brands, as well as judged many cocktail competitions internationally. Camper has extensive global bartender contacts and can conduct bartender surveys in addition to giving his own opinions.
Consulting services include:
- Flavor trend consulting - What's the next hot cocktail trend, and how can you jump on board to promote your product?
- Spirit category consulting - What spirit product should you launch next?
- Bar consulting - Whom should you hire as a beverage consultant in your city? What can you do to get your bar more press? Is this bar concept tired or tried-and-true?
- What do bartenders want that your brand can provide?
- What bars should you visit to have the best cocktail in X city?
- How should I develop an original cocktail competition for my brand?
Educational Program Development
Camper's specialty (and favorite part of his job) is in education on cocktail and spirits production, history, and science. He can help develop content around your brand(s) to create teachable moments and messaging over marketing, be it for tasting rooms, seminars, print marketing material, tasting kits for journalists and consumers, etc. See this list of previous talks Camper has given for some examples.
Because Camper does so many interviews, he can help bartenders, brand ambassadors, and other industry professionals do well in them. He's available for one-on-one or group training.
Contact Camper English here:
Camper English has judged the following cocktail and spirits competitions:
- Chartreuse, 111 Minna, San Francisco, June, 2008
- 42 Below Vodka, Café Du Nord, San Francisco, July 22, 2008
- Damrak Gin, 18 venues, San Francisco, February 2009
- Campari, San Francisco, 20008
- Cherry Heering, Singapore, June 2009
- Laphroaig, Rye, San Francisco, October 2009
- 42Below Vodka punch competition, New Zealand, March 2010
- Tales of the Cocktail Spirited Awards, New Orleans, July 2010
- Ministry of Rum Competition, San Francisco, Summer 2010
- Germain-Robin Brandy, San Francisco, October 2010
- WSWA Corporate Mixologist Competition, Orlando, April 2011
- Bombay Sapphire/GQ Most Inspired Bartender, Las Vegas, September 2011
- Good Food Awards, San Francisco, October 2011
- Auchentoshan Switch, Las Vegas, October 2011
- Tahona Society Cocktail Competition, Mexico, September 2012
- Grey Goose Ten, France, September 2012
- Merlet Sidecar Competition, New Orleans 2013
- Bombay Sapphire Most Imaginative Bartender, San Francisco 2013
- Woodford Reserve Manhattan Experience, SF 2013
- D'USSE Cognac Cocktail Competition, NYC 2014
- WSWA Iron Mixologist Competition, Orlando 2015
- Disaronno Mixing Star, US Finals, NYC 2015
- Angostura Rum, San Francisco 2015
- Tullamore D.E.W. Bar Stories, San Francisco 2015
- WSWA Iron Mixologist Competition, Las Vegas 2016
- Disaronno Mixing Star San Francisco regionals 2016
- Merlet Sidecar competition San Francisco regionals 2016
- Lustau Brandy Competition Semi-finals, San Francisco 2016
Learn More About
- Camper English and Alcademics.com
- Camper's speaking at trade and consumer cocktail events.
- Camper's consulting services and cocktail competition judging
- Camper and Alcademics' cocktail events and tastings