In addition to writing, Camper English acts as a cocktail and spirits trend consultant, brand development consultant, marketing strategy consultant, and public speaker. Want to know what's hot now and what will be in the future? Planning a product launch or building a bar concept? Want to know what bartenders want to know? I can help. Email for more info.
Brand, Trend, Market, Marketing Consulting
As a journalist out in front of the trends, Camper can help position your product or service for the right bars/audience. In the past Camper has consulted on bar concepting, flavor/cocktail trends, branding, and more. He knows bartenders and the top cocktail bars nationally and globally, and can answer questions or conduct surveys of influencers anywhere. Recently Camper completed a hugely successful 100-bartender cocktail trend survey.
Educational Program Development
Camper's specialty (and favorite part of his job) is in education on cocktail and spirits production, history, and science. He can help develop content around your brand(s) to create teachable moments and messaging over marketing, be it for tasting rooms, seminars, print marketing material, tasting kits for journalists and consumers, etc.
Private Tastings, Tours, and Classes
Camper is available for private tastings and tutorials on any number of drink-related topics, for groups or individuals. He has lead private whisky tastings at bars and given classes on creating specific cocktails.
He is available to lead cocktail tours of San Francisco, hitting a few of the best bars, describing the specialty style of each, and helping people get the most out of a few hours of cocktailing in one of the best drinking cities on earth.
Camper is available as a judge for cocktail/mixology competitions. He has judged contests for brands including Chartreuse, 42 Below Vodka, Maker's Mark, Hendrick's Gin, Lotus Vodka, and Cherry Heering. The list of contests Camper has judged is on this page.
Camper also creates custom cocktails for special events such as weddings, and is available to bartend as well.
Camper's cocktails have been featured in Every Day with Rachael Ray, FineCooking.com, The Cocktail Collective, and Gary Regan's Annual Manual for Bartenders 2012. Camper has developed recipes for companies including Campari and Tabasco.
Camper is a full-time journalist. See a list of the publications for which he's contributed here. He is also available for copy writing of ads, advertorial, etc.
Because Camper does so many interviews, he can help bartenders, brand ambassadors, and other industry professionals do well in them. He's available for one-on-one or group training.
Camper has given many talks on cocktails, trends, and social media.
- Regional Trends in American Cocktails, Tales of the Cocktail 2008
- The Cocktail Geography of San Francisco, SF Chefs 2009
- Community Building as a Cocktail Blogger, Drink.Write 2009
- Bloggers, Bartenders, and Brands, Manhattan Cocktail Classic 2009
- How to Be Interviewed for Print, Radio, and Television, Tales of the Cocktail 2010
- Creating Social Media Legends, Tales of the Cocktail 2010
- The Great Vodka Debate, US Bartenders Guild Meeting, 2010
- Future Trends in Global Mixology, Bar Convent Berlin, Germany, 2010
- Cocktail Blogging: Where do we go from here? Drink.Write, Portland, OR 2010
- Cocktail Blogging: Ethics, the law, and you. Drink.Write, Portland, OR 2010
- Rocks Off! Ice Seminar. Portland Cocktail Week, Portland, OR 2010
- Renaissance of the Cocktail in America. Vino 2011, New York, 2011
- Cocktail Clinic: The Bartender is In. SF Chefs, San Francisco 2011
- Oh Sherry! A Class the the Bourbon & Branch Beverage Academy, San Francisco 2011
- Filtration in Spirits, Manhattan Cocktail Classic 2012
- The Ice Capades: Beyond Big Cubes, Manhattan Cocktail Classic 2012
- Tequila is the New Vodka, Tequila is the New Scotch, Manhattan Cocktail Classic 2012
- Sugar: How Sweet It Is!, Tales of the Cocktail 2012
- Prime Your Palate - Aperitifs, SF Chefs, 2012
- Make Money Blogging, Portland Cocktail Week, 2012
- Writers & PR: Can't We All Just Get Along?, Portland Cocktail Week, 2012
- The Barrel Around the World, Manhattan Cocktail Classic 2013
- 50 Bars in 60 Minutes, Manhattan Cocktail Classic 2013
- Palomapalooza!, Manhattan Cocktail Classic 2013
- Advanced Sherry: Secrets, Lies, and Solera, Tales of the Cocktail, New Orleans 2013
- The Column Still: Pretty on the Inside, Tales of the Cocktail, New Orleans 2013
- Water in Spirits and in Cocktails, Tales of the Cocktail, New Orleans 2013
- Make Your Own Cocktail Mixers, SF Chefs, 2013
- Ice, Ice, Baby, Toronto Cocktail Week, 2013
- Full Flavour, Lower Proof, Toronto Cocktail Week, 2013
- Sherry, It's Complicated!, Toronto Cocktail Week, 2013
- SAVEUR Drink: The Art of Ice and Tastes of Ginger Beer, Manhattan Cocktail Classic, 2014
- Mixology and the Media: Claim Your Fame, Bombay Sapphire Global finals, London 2014
- A Better Understanding of Bitter Flavors, Tales of the Cocktail 2014
- Ice, Ice, Baby, Scottish Bartender Network, Edinburgh, Scotland 2014
- G&T OMG: The Iconic Gin and Tonic, Golden State of Cocktails, San Francisco and Los Angeles 2014/2015
- All About Ice, Reykjavik, Iceland 2015
- Gin & Tonic, SF and Silicon Valley USBG, Oakland, CA 2015
- Prehistoric Cocktail Technology, Tales of the Cocktail 2015
- The Essential Global Guide to Liqueurs, Tales of the Cocktail 2015 and Golden State of Cocktails 2015
- The Fine Art of Mixing Drinks, National Archives, Washington, DC 2015
- Amaro vs. Sweet: The Yin and Yang of Italian Amari and Liqueurs, Chicago 2015