Camper English has consulted for a number of bars and spirits brands, as well as judged many cocktail competitions internationally.
Camper's consulting has taken many forms, taking advantage of his deep and long-time industry connections combined with his journalism skills and global travel. He has consulted on bar concepts, spirits/liqueur flavor trends, polling top bartenders for brand surveys, choosing judges globally/nationally for the World's 50 Best Bars, suggesting ideal venues for brand activations in different cities, suggesting gift items for bartender and journalist affinity programs, and developing educational content around brand messaging.
Educational Program Development
Camper's specialty (and favorite part of his job) is in education on cocktail and spirits production, history, and science. He can help develop content around your brand(s) to create teachable moments and messaging over marketing, be it for tasting rooms, seminars, print marketing material, tasting kits for journalists and consumers, etc. See this list of previous talks Camper has given for some examples of mostly brand-sponsored educational talks.
Contact Camper English here:
A Selection of Recent Cocktail/Spirits Competitions Camper English has Judged.
- Cherry Heering, Singapore, June 2009
- 42Below Vodka punch competition, New Zealand, March 2010
- Tahona Society Cocktail Competition, Mexico, September 2012
- Grey Goose Ten, France, September 2012
- D'USSE Cognac Cocktail Competition, NYC 2014
- WSWA Iron Mixologist Competition, Orlando 2015
- Disaronno Mixing Star, US Finals, NYC 2015
- Angostura Rum, San Francisco 2015
- Tullamore D.E.W. Bar Stories, San Francisco 2015
- WSWA Iron Mixologist Competition, Las Vegas 2016
- Disaronno Mixing Star San Francisco regionals 2016
- Merlet Sidecar competition San Francisco regionals 2016
- Four Roses national cocktail competition, Tales of the Cocktail 2016 (emcee)
- Lustau Brandy Competition Semi-finals, San Francisco 2016
- WSWA Call for Cocktails Competition, Orlando 2017
- Gra'it Grappa Competition, all regional competitions and finals, Miami 2017
- Mahon Gin national competition, online 2017
- Merlet Sidecar National Finals, San Francisco July 2017
- San Francisco World's Spirits Competition, May 2018
- Hine Cocktail Competition, San Francisco July 2018
Learn More About
- Camper English and Alcademics.com
- Camper's speaking at trade and consumer cocktail events.
- Camper's consulting services and cocktail competition judging
- Camper and Alcademics' cocktail events and tastings