This page is an index of all posts in the project.
Research for the project has been sponsored by Bowmore Islay Single Malt Scotch Whisky.
Introduction to the Water Project.
Water Sources for Distilling
- The Whole World Water Campaign
- How to Classify Bottled Waters
- How to Properly Serve Bottled Water
- How to Pair Water with Food
- Interview with a Water Sommelier
- Bottled Waters Most Resembling Waters of Scotland
Homemade Mineral Water
- Some background info on making mineral waters from a book on vintage soda fountain technology.
- How to remove solids, fluoride, and chloramine from tap water.
- Testing the pH and dissolved solids in commercial mineral waters and tap water.
- Building and testing individual-mineral mineral waters to see what mineral adds what to the taste of water.
Water and Whisky
- A Bowmore giveway on Facebook
- Seperate tasting notes for Bowmore 12 straight and with water by Master Blender Rachel Barrie.
- Brand Ambassador Gordon Dundas does the same for Bowmore Tempest 4.
Resources for More Information