Sherry Bodega Visit: Bodegas Grupo Estevez
December 16, 2010
In September 2010 I visited several sherry bodegas. Here are pictures and a few notes from Bodegas Grupo Estevez.
(Sherry sleeping peacefully in the bodega.)
(One of the warehouses is named for flamenco dancer Lola Flores.)
(Horse stables and ring behind the bodegas. Jerez is home to flamenco, dancing horses, and sherry.)
(The interior is a fancy place with fine art and marble statues.)
- Tio Mateo, Agostino, Tesoro, La Gita are some of their brands
- They used to have several bodegas, centralized them all to the one we visited 20 years ago
- One bodega named after flamenco dancer Lola Flores
- La Gita manzanilla from Sanlucar is the only manzanilla that has a production date on the bottle- should help us Americans know when its too old to buy
- Inocente Fino is fermented in the barrel not in stainless tanks.
busco por internet la escultura de lola flores que hay en bronce en al bodega de lola tio mateo y ponen la de carton, cuando la que interesa es la otra y de paso me podían decir el nombre del autor. gracias
Posted by: paul ciriero | March 15, 2015 at 02:06 PM