Whiskies of the World in SF
March 07, 2012
Whiskies of the World in San Francisco is on March 31, and tickets will probably sell out soon. There are more than 200 whiskies available for sampling. A few I'm looking forward to tasting are:
- Amrut (India)
- Corsair Artisan Triple Smoke Whiskey
- Sullivans Cove Single Malt 46% (Australian)
- Bruichladdich The Laddie Ten
- Glen Scotia
- Bruichladdich Octomore 4
There are also a bunch of events in advance of the big tasting. See below.
• Thursday, March 29, 1:30pm : Anchor Brewery and Distillery Tour and Tasting: For WoW week we have arranged a special tour of the Anchor Brewery. Special just for us, we will get to peek inside the Distillery, along with some nosing and tasting. Home to Old Potrero and Junipero Gin to name a couple of the spirits crafted there. (send email to [email protected] to reserve your spot!)
• Thursday, March 29, 6:00pm : City Club SF Dinner: Isle of Arran (Euan Mitchell), Kilchoman (Anthony Wills) Our popular Thursday night dinner will bring two fantastic Whisky innovators and flights of whisky that are not readily available at your typical whisky shop. http://whiskeysoftheworld.eventbrite.com (Use code WOWCCSF for a $30 discount)
• Friday, March 30, 6:30pm: Dram Club Party: The Parlar, Fisherman’s Wharf Elegant Speakeasy. For our Dram Club members we have the much anticipated Dram Club Party. A relaxed atmosphere to mingle with Brand Ambassadors and sample some great whiskies from Masterson's Rye, Prichard's Distillery, Four Roses, Wild Geese Irish Soldiers & Heroes, Douglas Laing, Glenmorangie, and Ardbeg. (Registration: Must be a Dram Club Members)
• Saturday March 31, 9:00pm: After Party at The Cigar Bar & Grill: For those who were responsible nosers and tasters, (we expect that to be all of you!) we have arranged an after party where you can relax and swallow a few sips. No cover for the first 100 with WoW wristbands. Drinks and Cigar Specials. (send an email to [email protected] if you plan to attend. A reservation is not required. We just want to estimate how many to plan for.)
You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.