Come to the Papa's Pilar Cocktail Showdown in San Francisco on August 18
August 13, 2014
Blow off work on Monday, August 18th and come to the Papa's Pilar rum Cocktail Showdown in San Francisco.
The event runs from 12-4 in the afternoon and will be held at The Woodbury, 685 Third Street in SF.
Dubbed the #PilarCocktailShowdown, ten bartenders will showcase their skills during three rounds of competition: blended daiquiri, hand-shaken daiquiri and the Pina Colada.
Round 1: the blended daiquiri. The top 4 will move on to round 2: The hand-shaken daiquiri and the top 2 will compete in the finals: The hand-shaken daiquiri.
The competing bartenders are:
- Rick Dobbs: The Last Word - Drink Eat Gather
- Willis Jackson: Tonga Room and Hurricane Bar
- Sean Patrick Kearney: Fish and Farm
- Esdras Gonzalez: Hawthorn
- Suzie Robinson: Novela
- Michael Goldman: Longitude
- Jennifer Seidman: Handlebar/Acme Bar & Company
- Christian Clark: Tosca Cafe
- Jessi Mess: Reed & Greenough
- Zack Safron: Woodbury
Judges will be:
- Brian MacGregor: Wingtip
- Lindsey Kops: Papa's Pilar National Brand Manager
- Dave Russell: Rum XP/Founder International Rum Council
And I'll be there also - taking pictures and drinking drinks.
No need to RSVP - just show up ready for a good time. For more information on Papa's Pilar, check the website.
This post is sponsored by Papa's Pilar rum.
You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.