The fine folks at the Bay Area Newsgroup, which includes newspapers the San Jose Mercury, Oakland Tribune, Contra Costa Times, and others, asked me to write a long profile of Trick Dog's Caitlin Laman, so that's what I did.
The story comes out in this Sunday's Eat Magazine, an insert into all those papers. I'm not sure if it's going online in traditional format, but here it is in Issu, the online magazine format. If it comes out as traditional text I'll share the link.
They did a nice job! Lots of photos and a lovely layout.
The article also includes illustrated recipes by 8 Bay Area bartenders:
- Caitlin Laman of Trick Dog
- Suzanne Long of Longitude
- Nick Kosevich for Mortar and Pestle
- Antoine Nixon of Jack's Oyster Bar and Fish House
- Russ Stanley of Jack Rose Libation House
- Jimmy Marino of The Lexington House
- Brandon Clements of The Village Pub
- Andrew Majoulet of Rich Table
They asked for ten but chose eight - sorry if yours was one of the ones left out.
Go read the story here!