For attendees of my talk on Color in Cocktails and Spirits at Tales of the Cocktail 2019, below are notes and links from the slides.
Product links are to Amazon.com.
For all the natural colorings to use in cocktails, see Cocktail Coloring - Natural Food Colorings to Use in Drinks
- Cocktail Techniques book by Kazuo Uyeda
- Alchermes/Alkermes - Heirloom liqueurs from Bittercube
- Cochineal - Product [link] Note that it's not marked as food safe. Book about cochineal A Perfect Red.
- Mauve book [link]
- Purple and pH color changing drinks - anthocyanin - see this blog post
- The Standard Manual of Soda and Other Beverages (1906) [link]
- Liquid Intelligence by Dave Arnold [link]
- Black coloring information - activated charcoal on CocktailSafe.org
- Methods of Removing Color
3.Milk Washing - Article on Cook's Illustrated
- Extracting Natural Colors - Freeze-thaw method for extracting natural colors
- Colored Ice Ball molds - Mini Rainbow Ice Balls
- Xanthan Gum to keep color dispersed when freezing
- Instagram Inspiration: #garnishgame scottcbeattie onedrinkaday
- Book: The Secret Lives of Color
For anyone who missed it, the talk was: