Hello! I have been writing about and working in the craft cocktail space for 20 years and have developed not only an intimate knowledge of the space but also close relationships with people in every strata of the industry. I have consulted for a number of bars, retailers, and spirits brands, as well as judged many spirits and cocktail competitions internationally.
My Specialties Are:
- Ice - From consulting on potential products to ideas for events, I am thinking about ice most of the time.
- Hiring - Looking for a global brand ambassador? Trying to increase the diversity in your staff or speakers? I know a lot of people.
- Educational Programming - I have selected topics and suggested a diverse range of guests for a number of different educational programs hosted by brands and retailers.
- Educational Content Development - I have written educational training documents, developed seminars and lead hands-on training around brand and other content. I can help develop content around your brand(s) to create teachable moments and messaging over marketing, be it for tasting rooms, seminars, print marketing material, tasting kits for journalists and consumers, etc.
- Was the polling coordinator internationally and then nationally for the World's 50 Best Bars for many years.
- Wrote/rewrote the training documents for the Diageo's World Class for US contestants.
- Regular speaker at Tales of the Cocktail and other national/international bar industry conventions.
- Have judged the San Francisco World Spirits Competition and cocktail competitions including the Camus Cognac Shanghai Shake and Merlet Sidecar National Finals.
- Have been the online drink columnist for Details and Fine Cooking. Author of two books.
Educational Program Development
Contact Camper English here:
A Selection of Recent Cocktail/Spirits Competitions Camper English has Judged.
- Cherry Heering, Singapore, June 2009
- 42Below Vodka punch competition, New Zealand, March 2010
- Tahona Society Cocktail Competition, Mexico, September 2012
- Grey Goose Ten, France, September 2012
- D'USSE Cognac Cocktail Competition, NYC 2014
- WSWA Iron Mixologist Competition, Orlando 2015
- Disaronno Mixing Star, US Finals, NYC 2015
- Angostura Rum, San Francisco 2015
- Tullamore D.E.W. Bar Stories, San Francisco 2015
- WSWA Iron Mixologist Competition, Las Vegas 2016
- Disaronno Mixing Star San Francisco regionals 2016
- Merlet Sidecar competition San Francisco regionals 2016
- Four Roses national cocktail competition, Tales of the Cocktail 2016 (emcee)
- Lustau Brandy Competition Semi-finals, San Francisco 2016
- WSWA Call for Cocktails Competition, Orlando 2017
- Gra'it Grappa Competition, all regional competitions and finals, Miami 2017
- Mahon Gin national competition, online 2017
- Merlet Sidecar National Finals, San Francisco July 2017
- San Francisco World Spirits Competition, 2018 - current
- Hine Cocktail Competition, San Francisco July 2018
- WSWA Iron Mixologist Competition, Orlando, April 2019
- Camus Cognac Shanghai Shake Global Cocktail Competition, Shanghai, China, September 2019
Learn More About